In a digital ecosystem with multiple LEGO blocks, the glue between the blocks is as important as the blocks themselves. Gone are the days where integrations were custom developed point-to-point by hand. Today, you can gain speed and create transparency through a low-code integration platform. Beware, such a platform is not cheap, your choice depends on several aspects:
- Who will build the integrations (business user/citizen developer vs. professional developer)
- What are you going to integrate? Does everything have APIs or do you need to connect to legacy?
- What are your core applications (Ecommerce, Salesforce, SAP, Dynamics, Netsuite...)?
- Do you need on-prem connectors & local processing?
- What is your budget?
- Do you expect API management in the iPaaS platform?
- Do you want to go have near real-time integrations via triggers & message based?
- Are you in need of B2B EDI?