- I am 47 years old, born and raised in Ostend.
- My wife, Benedikte Vanderweeën, is a graphic design lecturer at the Arteveldehogeschool and a gifted illustrator and designer. She focuses on UI/UX: visualising the core concepts of systems to users.
- We live in Ronse and have 3 children: Louis (21), Jerôme (19) and Charlotte (16).
- I have been active for about 25 years in various roles to make companies, products and services better through people, processes and technology. I have managed teams of up to 50 people.
- For the past 8 years, I have been supporting companies in their business and digital transformation as independent management consultant.
- I position myself as a challenger and trusted advisor for the CEO and management.
- I approach the market and customer challenges as a chess game: I think several steps ahead and find it crucial to oversee the bigger picture. At the same time, I try to persevere in the chosen strategy without being blind to changes in the position of the pieces on the board.
- Most clients appreciate my openness, long-term vision combined with the drive to make it happen every day.
- I have always had a strong affinity with business and especially with designing digital systems and business models. I am a bit averse to profiles and processes that are not thought or designed from the customer's perspective.
- I like to change sectors and thereby invent business models and products based on technology and expertise already in house, supplemented with my experiences from other sectors and new jointly acquired insights. Very rewarding to do so!
- I am a volume guy and like working for volume clients. It is interesting to work things out 1 by 1, but much more interesting to realise a hockey stick architecture that has a scalable effect.
- Digital transformation lends itself very well to creating such a leverage effect.
- I am 100% independent, not tied to software vendors or implementation partners.
- I know my way around internet technologies and e-commerce.
- I have done quite a few ERP implementations, from highly specialised ERPs for telcos to Dynamics AX and NAV / Business Central.
- Integrations (iPaaS) are one of my hobbyhorses! This is the invisible part of IT, but a particularly fascinating one. I have supervised many integrations for the telecom sector (automating operators and procurement) and the accountancy sector. I learned to appreciate the value of open standards and have been a strong advocate of e.g. PEPPOL in Belgium.
- My ambition is to help the Belgian SME economy to grow further and to keep relevant by applying new insights and models. Without minimising the power of the individual actors, a good methodology also ensures scalability in this regards.
“Passionate about building & transforming businesses using technology”